In an ideal world, your plant’s design, operating, installation, maintenance, and reliability practices would be so good that equipment would not fail. Sadly, that reality does not exist. Therefore, we must implement effective condition monitoring practices so that we can detect the onset of failure at an early stage and thus plan and schedule the necessary work at a time that is most convenient to operations.
This workshop will briefly explain the logic behind condition monitoring and the financial and other benefits, plus explain how the condition monitoring program should be integrated into an effective reliability/asset management program. With the justification in place, we will deep dive into the key condition monitoring technologies utilized on the most common physical assets: rotating machinery, electrical equipment, and other assets. You will understand how they work, the assets and failure modes they apply to, and you will see a demonstration of the technology in use. Just wait until you see the animations and simulations! You will understand more and enjoy the presentation. If you are relatively new to condition monitoring, or you have expertise in just one or two technologies, this workshop will help you understand the big picture of condition monitoring, and ensure you appreciate that we need to understand the complete health of the asset.
The topics will include:
- The theory behind condition monitoring
- The financial and other benefits of condition monitoring
- How condition monitoring forms a key part of the reliability/asset management program
- How condition monitoring can be used to detect and prevent failures (e.g., acceptance testing)
- Ultrasound: bearings, lubrication, rotating machinery, electrical equipment, and more
- Vibration analysis: rotating machinery
- Infrared thermography: electrical equipment, rotating machinery, facility maintenance, and more
- Oil and wear particle analysis: rotating machinery
- Electrical signature analysis: electric motors, rotating machinery, electrical supply health and quality
- Performance monitoring
- Training and certification per ISO standards