The course is ideal for anyone who wishes to gain a solid understanding of reliability improvement and condition-based maintenance. You will understand why you should improve reliability, what is involved in implementing a program, and what all the roadblocks will be. You will have a clear understanding of the strategies, philosophies, and terminology associated with the very important process of improving reliability and performance. The course is perfect for managers, engineers, maintenance & operations managers, and condition monitoring leaders.
With the first six videos taken online (required only if you wish to take the exam), and a day-and-a-half of workshop presentations, the workshop will cover the following:
- A big picture overview
- The benefits of reliability improvement
- How to assess the benefits for your organization
- How to develop a reliability culture
- Selling the program to senior management
- Developing the program strategy
- Understanding failure and failure modes
- Defect elimination
- Developing an asset reliability strategy
- Work management (planning and scheduling)
- Spares and material management
- Precision and proactive maintenance
- Condition monitoring
- How to break out of the reactive maintenance cycle of doom
- Continuous improvement
- A summary of the implementation strategy
Jeff Shiver, the founder of People and Processes, will be the presenter, and he will use his 25+ years of experience to make the course informative, interesting, and understandable.
If you complete the videos and workshop lessons you will be eligible to take the two-hour, 60-question, multiple-choice ARP-I exam on Tuesday night.