Monitoring the condition of machinery with condition monitoring techniques is an essential part of any cost reduction (and safety improvement) program. But are we doing enough simply monitoring condition?
This animated presentation provides a brief overview of various condition monitoring (CM) techniques. We will then explain how we as CM department can go beyond just monitoring condition, why and how we should strive and focus upon improve condition and not just monitoring it and how have a key role in improving reliability.
Mr. Dean Whittle is the founder and managing director of Reliability Maintenance Solutions (RMS) Ltd. based in the United Kingdom. During Mr. Whittle’s more than 36-year career he has held various roles in electro/mechanical engineering ranging a five-year apprenticeship through various shop floor/field services roles to district manager for a world-leading supplier of Reliability-Based and Condition-Based Maintenance products and services. During the past twenty-five years he has been committed to implementing plant reliability and condition monitoring improvement programs throughout UK industry; covering power, paper, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, automotive, quarries, film/plastic, food, electronic, service and engineering manufacturing industries.
Mr. Whittle shares his expertise as an approved trainer for both the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) and Mobius Institute ISO-18436 accreditation programmes, and as a speaker at a number of conferences.
Additionally, Mr. Whittle is an active member in a number of accredited institutes and committees:
- ISO TC108 / SC5 Condition Monitoring & Diagnostics of Machine Systems
- Mobius Institute Board of Certification (MIBoC) Technical Committee
- The British Institute of NDT Council Member
- The British Institute of NDT Condition Monitoring Technical Committee
- The British Institute of NDT Vibration Analysis Working Group
- British Standards Institute – BSi Technical sub-committee GME/21/5 – Mechanical vibration and shock and Condition monitoring – Vibration of machines
British Standards Institute – BSi Technical sub-committee GME/21/7 Mechanical vibration and shock and Condition monitoring – Condition monitoring.