As analysts, we must keen learning and improving our skills. But the best way to learn is to put your knowledge to the test. Rather than just telling you how to diagnose faults, or providing example case studies that you simply listen to, in this session you will be provided with machinery information and data and you will have to make assessments and make decisions. If you get it right – well done! If you don’t, no one will know, but you will have learned an important lesson!
Mr. Dean Whittle is the founder and managing director of Reliability Maintenance Solutions (RMS) Ltd. based in the United Kingdom. During Mr. Whittle’s more than 36-year career he has held various roles in electro/mechanical engineering ranging a five-year apprenticeship through various shop floor/field services roles to district manager for a world-leading supplier of Reliability-Based and Condition-Based Maintenance products and services. During the past twenty-five years he has been committed to implementing plant reliability and condition monitoring improvement programs throughout UK industry; covering power, paper, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, automotive, quarries, film/plastic, food, electronic, service and engineering manufacturing industries.
Mr. Whittle shares his expertise as an approved trainer for both the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) and Mobius Institute ISO-18436 accreditation programmes, and as a speaker at a number of conferences.
Additionally, Mr. Whittle is an active member in a number of accredited institutes and committees:
- ISO TC108 / SC5 Condition Monitoring & Diagnostics of Machine Systems
- Mobius Institute Board of Certification (MIBoC) Technical Committee
- The British Institute of NDT Council Member
- The British Institute of NDT Condition Monitoring Technical Committee
- The British Institute of NDT Vibration Analysis Working Group
- British Standards Institute – BSi Technical sub-committee GME/21/5 – Mechanical vibration and shock and Condition monitoring – Vibration of machines
British Standards Institute – BSi Technical sub-committee GME/21/7 Mechanical vibration and shock and Condition monitoring – Condition monitoring.